No products in the cart.
Reading Power 2, Teacher’s Guide with Answer Key
Published: Jan 2010
Publisher: Pearson Longman
Reading Power 2 is a new and updated edition of the successful student-centered reading skills textbook Reading Power. Its unique structure, featuring four parts to be used concurrently, allows low-intermediate-level students (with a 600-word vocabulary) to develop the multiple sills and strategies involved in the reading process.
- Extensive Reading helps students to build reading fluency, broaden knowledge of vocabulary and collocation, and gain confidence.
- VocabularyBuilding offers strategies for independent vocabulary learning such as dictionary work, guessing meaning from context, and learning how words work in sentences.
- Comprehension Skills teaches reading skills such as recognizing words and phrases, scanning for information, and making inferences.
- Reading Faster builds awareness of reading speed, provides strategies and exercises for increasing speed, and offers charts for tracking progress.
New to the Fourth Edition
- An updated Extensive Reading section with a unit on fiction and non-fiction reading, more activities for evaluating student progress, and a revised suggested reading list
- Enhanced vocabulary features including new “Focus on Vocabulary” exercises and an expanded Vocabulary Building section
There is also a Teacher Guide with Answer Key and a Test Booklet for Reading Power 2.
The Reading Power series also includes:
- Basic Reading Power 1 (Third Edition): Beginning
- Reading Power 2 (4th Edition): Intermediate
- More Reading Power 3: High-Intermediate
- Advanced Reading Power 4: Advanced