No products in the cart.
Taking Care: Effective communication for CALD workers in Aged Care – Trainer Guide
Publisher: AMES Victoria
ISBN: 9780730656715 + 9780730656722
Dimensions: 176 pgs
Produced with funding from DEEWR – Workplace English Language and Literacy Program
A DVD resource developed to address the workplace communication needs and cross cultural issues faced by CALD Personal Care Assistants working in the aged care industry.
The accompanying trainer guide presents a range of activities based on the DVD scenarios, and includes topics such as:
- meeting and talking to residents
- communicating with residents with dementia
- listening to handover reports
- following workplace instructions
- writing progress notes and incident reports
A self access CD is included for learners who need extra listening, speaking and pronunciation practice.
Taking Care is aligned to the following unit of competency from the Community Services Training Package:
- CHCCOM2B Communicate appropriately with clients and colleagues
Suitable for workers who speak English as a second language
Writer: Jacky Springall