No products in the cart.
Gateway B2 Student’s Book
Published: Dec 2011
Dimensions: 0.5130 kg, 160 pgs
Gateway is an academically rich five-level general English course designed to lead teenage students to success in school-leaving/university entrance examinations, and prepare them for university and the world of work.
- Topic based units based around School Leaving exam topics and topics addressing the concerns of the age group such as going to college/university, leaving home, future careers, politics, travel and the world we live in.
- Content based, authentic texts from other subjects including ecology, law, science
- Extensive exam preparation with exam style practice activities throughout each unit with exam and study skills tips
- Exam practice sections after every 2 units practice ‘new’ language from proceeding language and have a cumulative element, recycling language from all previous units
- CLICK (Cross-curricular, Literature and International Cultural Knowledge) pages blend content based, cross-curricular and literary/non-literary texts into one section and work on integrated skills
- Approach to grammar is inductive and is taught in context
- Each unit ends with a grammar reference and exam style practice pages
- Developing Writing and Developing Speaking pages with staged activities and models help students prepare and present key skills more effectively
- Vocabulary features help students build and extend the vocabulary, and is supported by a mini dictionary in the Workbook