- No products in the cart.
Tagalog For Beginners
Published: Oct 2011
Paperback with MP3 Audio CD, 384 pages
This is a straight–forward and user–friendly guide to the Tagalog language.
Tagalog for Beginners is the book to help you learn Tagalog (Filipino) on your own, easily and accurately—whether you’re traveling to the Philippines for a vacation or a business trip, or you have ties to the large Tagalog-speaking community in the U.S., or you’re simply a language lover.
From the fascinating history of Philippines’ language to how you speak it, join skilled teacher Barrios on a guided introduction—with a practical focus. After journeying through the carefully-paced explanations, conversations, cultural info, and activities in Tagalog for Beginners, learners will be able to use Tagalog (Filipino) in a wide range of common situations. From shopping for food to asking directions, from telling time to expressing how you feel, this book gives you the communication skills you need. The MP3 audio-CD helps reinforce pronunciation and improve listening comprehension.
Helpful suggestions guide heritage learners (those of Filipino descent but born outside the Philippines) on how to use the book most effectively for their needs.
Key features include::
- An accompanying MP3 Audio CD.
- Realistic dialogues to bring the language to life.
- Activities and exercises to help you read, write, speak and understand.
- Notes on the Tagalog language and history.
- A special section guides native (heritage) learners and instructors on how to use the book most effectively for their needs.