- No products in the cart.
Complete Finnish Book & CD Pack
Publisher: Teach Yourself
Published: Apr 2014
Format: Mixed Media Product
The new edition of this successful course has been fully revised and updated, and is packed with new learning features to give you the language, practice and skills to communicate with confidence. The 448-page book contains 18 learning units, plus grammar and word glossaries. Also included are two CDs of audio learning material (160 minutes).
How it works:
– Uses the Discovery Method – figure out rules and patterns to make the language stick
– Teaches the key skills – reading, writing, listening and speaking
– Helps you learn to learn – tips and skills on how to be a better language learner
– Builds your vocabulary – thematic lists and activities to help you learn vocabulary quickly
– Provides culture notes – learn about the people and places of Finland
– Enables outcomes-based learning – focus your studies with clear aims
– Gives authentic language activities – everyday conversations give you a flavour of real spoken Finnish
– Lets you test yourself – see and track your own progress
Terttu Leney has taught Finnish at Chelsea & Westminster Adult Education Institute, the University of Surrey and the UK Foreign Office in London. She has also been a freelance broadcaster for the Finnish section of the BBC World Service and Examinations Administrator for Language Testing Associates, London. In 1996 she gained a Postgraduate Diploma in Current Developments in Language Training from the University of Westminster.