- No products in the cart.
Beginner’s Chinese with 2 Audio CDs
Publisher: Hippocrene Books
Format: Mixed Media
This Hippocrene bestseller has been redesigned and updated, making learning to speak, read, and write Mandarin Chinese easier than ever! Spoken by more than 850 million people world wide, Mandarin is the standard dialect for for business and trade in China, one of the six official languages of the UN, and the world’s most widely spoken language.
New features in this edition include:
- Ten practical lessons with dialogues, vocabulary, and exercises
- New audio CDs featuring professional actors from Beijing
- Updated cultural and language notes
- An attractive, easy-to-read presentation of the Chinese characters
- Additional exercises for teaching stroke order and writing skills
- An index providing traditional characters equivalents
- New technology sections on how to read and write Chinese characters on a computer
About the author(s)
Yong Ho received his Ph.D in antropology and linguistics, with a specialty in Chinese anthropology and language from Columbia University. He served as the Director of Language at the China Institute in New York City and has taught Chinese at various institutions in the U.S. His other books include Chinese Practical Dictionary, Intermediate Chinese with Audio CD, China: An Illustrated History, Chinese-English Frequency Dictionary, and Chinese Dictionary & Phrasebook, all published by Hippocrene Books.