- No products in the cart.
Caring for Children: Effective Communication for CALD Workers DVD
Published: Dec 2009
Publisher: AMES Victoria (Adult Multicultural Education Services)
Format: DVD video
Caring for Children is a DVD resource developed to address the workplace communication needs and cross cultural issues faced by CALD workers in the child care industry.
We follow a CALD worker, Lul Deng, in the early days of her employment in a child care centre and see a range of interactions with staff and children. These interactions highlight models of good practice in the workplace and demonstrate a range of employability skills.
The accompanying Trainer Guide presents activities based on the DVD scenarios, and includes topics such as:
- talking to children, colleagues and parents
- contributing to a team
- working with diverse cultural practices
- recognising and following workplace instructions
- showing independence and initiative
- reading child care documents.